Monday, August 8, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory & little of my past..

Yesterday, I brought my brothers to watch Charlie And The Chocolate Factory.
the tickets were $9.50 each.. so ex loh... But my brothers really enjoyed it a lot.. :)

I've many friends who went to watch the movie already..
most of them think it's okay.. quite funny...
hmmm.. but i wondered how many of them have already read the the book before they went to watch the movie?
and how many of them read the book when they were younger and still remember every detail in the book..

I did. I read Roald Dahl books when every other kids where reading those thick cover short short stories in a book by E.B. (i duno how to spell the name lah.. :p)
I love reading books by Roald Dahl I could spend the whole day reading and imagining every single scene.. It's totaly so cool. and of coz.. All thanks to Aunty Diana.
My younger days tutor.. rmb she was paid $400 per month for 8periods of 1-2hours. quite a lot i would say.. but she's a great tutor..
She's the one who discovered my problem with reading words like dog, god. dad,bad. and helped me in remebering my time table.. teaching me mathes 2 year advanced.
I still rmb the times she would make me read out every word from those children book. because my communicating skill sucks she's afraid i wouldnt' do that well in Oral..
Rmb going shopping for food with her.. eating maggi in a mug (it's a tiny packet of noddle) at her house.. oh.. and I would eat like a princess (according to her), haha..
From her little library (in her house), She would allow me to borrow books.. Since i've stopped having lessons with her, my english got stucked at that level. That explains my poor english.
oh.. and she doesn't believe in watching those no sense tv programes.. she lets me watch tapes on History, charlie chaplin?, and stuffs.. I still rmb the stories of those married couples burrying their rings... the gas chambers, ppl literary digging their own graves.. all these when i was stll in pri school. at the age of 9?

The period of time when Roald Dahl books were my only comfort next to T.V, eating and sleeping.. haha..
People i knew never read R.D. books.. if they even read any, they would read E.B books..
so anyway..


Btw, if i'm not wrong, the witches & James and the giant peach was flimed many years back... many they'll start flimming the other books too? :p

No comments:

Post a Comment